Health Events: Cholesterol: The Myths, The Facts, The Solutions
February 22, 2020 at 10 am
Published on Wed May 23, 2018 - 3 min read
Nature’s miracle molecule that actually lives up to the hype
CBD: Nature’s miracle molecule that actually lives up to the hype.
The health world is buzzing about CBD. It seems wherever you turn CBD is showing up – people are putting it into teas, jellies, using it topically, and taking a variety of pills and liquid concentrates. Our customers claim that CBD helps relieve their depression, masks pain, reduces inflammation, and helps them sleep. CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is one of over 113 cannabinoids extracted from hemp
1. Known as medical marijuana’s less trippy cousin, hemp contains almost no THC
2. So no, CBD cannot get you high, is entirely legal, and won’t show up on drug tests. The many benefits of CBD and other cannabinoids are now the subjects of thousands of research papers from across the world
Cannabinoids are a diverse class of chemical compounds that act on cannabinoid receptors found throughout the brain and body
4. The human body produces cannabinoids known as endocannabinoids while plant-based cannabinoids are known as phytocannabinoids
4. In fact, many common herbs produce phytocannabinoids such as rosemary, clove, oregano, basil, and many others
5. Contrary to popular belief, CBD does not directly attach to cannabinoid receptors but still activates them and a vast array of other receptors in the body that are responsible for everything from temperature regulation to pain perception
Let’s look at some of the research-backed ways that CBD can work for you.
Here at the Shoppe, we are fully committed to CBD and have an ever-expanding selection of it. If you haven’t done so already, stop by and see what natures miracle molecule can do for you.