Women’s Health: The Top 5 Supplements for Every Woman
Published on Wed May 4, 2022 - 2 min read
In A Nutshell
While life's challenges can affect anyone, many are uniquely challenging to women. Here we have compiled essential supplements to help women stay healthy and vibrant at any age.
In an ideal world, our friends, family, and diet would supply us with all we need to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, over the past several years, we’ve learned that the world isn’t always ideal, and we need all the help we can get to maintain our healthiest selves. The good news is that there are specialized supplements that can keep us looking and feeling our best even as we face the rigors of everyday life.
While each person’s health requirements are unique, the following supplements can be used by any woman who wants to improve her overall quality of life by lowering stress, improving hair and skin health, optimizing hormone balance, and raising concentration and energy levels.
- Maca is a Peruvian superfood prized for thousands of years1 for its ability to boost energy and maintain hormonal balance2. As evidenced by recent studies, maca can help ease symptoms of PMS, PCOS3, and menopause while also improving libido, fertility, skin health, and exercise recovery4.
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body and can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, making it ideal for rejuvenating dull skin and instantly reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles5. Internally, hyaluronic acid reduces inflammation6, soothes dry eyes7, and lubricates joints8.
- B-complex vitamins are vital for hormone balance9, metabolism10, energy11, digestion12, memory13, and minimizing mood swings and depression14. Unfortunately, stress raises our body’s demand for B vitamins15, often leaving us deficient. Look for B-complexes specifically for stress which contain all eight essential B vitamins, plus relaxing herbs and vitamins, such as vitamin C, that help us recover from stress faster16.
- Collagen is a structural protein found in nearly every organ and tissue of the body, essential for our skin, hair, nails, and bones to remain healthy.17 Ever wonder how our body holds itself together? What shapes organs? It’s collagen. Modern diets lack in collagen, and as we become older, our bodies produce less and less18 making collagen supplementation vital for maintaining our health and youthful appearance.
- Adrenals produce hormones that help us stay awake and focused throughout the day. When our adrenals are robust, we are energetic and resilient.19 If you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, panic attacks, brain fog, chronic fatigue, or even insomnia, adrenal fatigue is the likely culprit.20 Fortunately, they’re specialized adrenal supplements that can renew, energize and calm our adrenals. Ask us which one is right for you.
- Calcium, Magnesium, and Iron are the building blocks of a strong and healthy body. However, these minerals are classified by the FDA as “minerals of concern” because they are deficient in most women’s diets21. Even with a balanced diet, our food contains up to 80% fewer minerals than 50 years ago due to soil depletion, making it essential to supplement.22 Calcium and magnesium are necessary for bone health, but they also help regulate blood pressure23, blood sugar24 and nerve function.25 Iron is known for its energy-boosting effects26, but it also improves hair thinning,27 supplies cells with oxygen28and helps recover from exercise30.
For the ladies who want to enhance their general health, we hope that our guide will help you stay strong, vibrant and healthy no matter what life throws at you.